What is Inspire Therapy?
Inspire Therapy (Upper Airway Stimulation) is a novel, FDA-approved treatment for people with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) who are unable to use or get consistent benefit from continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). Inspire therapy is an implantable device that delivers mild stimulation to key throat muscles, keeping the airway open during sleep.
The device is controlled by a small handheld remote, allowing you to turn Inspire therapy on before bed and off when you wake up, increase and decrease stimulation strength, and pause during the night if needed.
It’s implanted during a short surgical procedure, typically in an outpatient setting.
You may be a candidate if:
- you have moderate to severe OSA (AHI of 15 to 65)
- you’re unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP
- you’re not significantly overweight
- you’re 18 years or older
How effective is it?
- 78% reduction in sleep apnea events (pauses in breathing) per hour
- 76% reduction in be partner reported snoring
- 90% reduction in bed partners leaving the room due to snoring
- 81% of patients use Inspire therapy all night, every night