What is Inspire Therapy?
Inspire therapy is a novel, FDA-approved treatment for people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) who are unable to use or get consistent benefit from Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP). Inspire therapy is an implantable device that delivers mild stimulation to key throat muscles, keeping the airway open during sleep.
The device is controlled by a small handheld remote, allowing you to turn Inspire therapy on before bed and off when you wake up, increase and decrease stimulation strength, and pause during the night if needed.
Inspire therapy is implanted during a short surgical procedure, typically in an outpatient setting.
Sleep Insights was the first sleep medicine practice in Central and Western New York to offer Inspire therapy.
You might be a candidate for Inspire therapy if:
- you have moderate to severe OSA (AHI of 15 to 65)
- you are unable to use or get consistent benefit from CPAP
- you are not significantly overweight
- you are over the age of 22
Is Inspire therapy effective?
Yes. People who have received Inspire therapy experience:
- 78% reduction in sleep apnea events (pauses in breathing) per hour
- 76% reduction in be partner reported snoring
- 90% reduction in bed partners leaving the room due to snoring
- 81% of patients use Inspire therapy all night, every night
I’m interested. What are the next steps?
You will first need to see a Sleep Insights sleep specialist to determine if you are an Inspire therapy candidate and to learn more about this treatment option.
You can also visit www.inspiresleep.com for additional information.