What Is Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT)?
A home sleep apnea test (HSAT) is a diagnostic test used to diagnose sleep apnea. It cannot diagnose other sleep disorders. A clinical evaluation with a Sleep Insights provider will determine whether an HSAT may be an appropriate test for you. It is:
- is a self-administered test done at home
- records your breathing efforts while you sleep, using sensors near your nose and an elastic belt gently secured around your chest
- monitors your blood oxygen levels and pulse, using a sensor on your fingertip
- is quick and easy to set up; one of our healthcare professionals will demonstrate the placement of the belts and sensors before you leave our office, and our staff is just a phone call away if you have any questions
- is picked up at one of our office locations and returned to the same location the day after the test
How to use your HSAT
You should have received printed instructions on how to use the HSAT which you picked up the device. If you can't locate them, click on this link: Instructions and Commonly Asked Questions.
Returning the HSAT
Once you are done with your overnight home sleep test, please return the HSAT device the following day to the location from which you picked it up.