Telemedicine (TM) is an excellent bridge between technology and traditional in-office visits: electronic communication is used to deliver care between a provider and patient. This live, face-to-face interaction (think FaceTime or Skype) provides a virtual alternative to an in-person office visit.
We're using it as another way for us to help people with their sleep health. It provides flexibility for people who:
- struggle to fit in doctor visits into their schedule
- don't have a sleep specialist in their area
- need timely access to a sleep specialist
- have travel challenges or limitations
Who can use telemedicine?
- would like a new patient or follow-up visit
- has an existing appointment
- needs to "meet" with a respiratory therapist
In order to use TM, you need:
- an iPhone/Android, laptop, computer, or iPad with working camera
- a reliable internet/phone connection
- a private, well-lit location
TM may not be the right platform for everyone, so when you call us, we will ask you a few questions to make sure TM will work for your visit.
What can be done with TM?
A lot! Our providers can:
- diagnose and treat over 80 types of sleep disorders such as insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, shift work disorder, narcolepsy and more
- write prescriptions for medications, CPAP machines, masks, oral appliances for sleep apnea, and more
- sign job-related and insurance-related documents related to your sleep disorder
- explain your sleep apnea test results to you, review the diagnosis, and recommend treatment
- manage your CPAP machine, analyze data and make any needed changes
TM is covered by most insurances. We will verify your insurance coverage for you prior to scheduling you for a TM appointment. However, we recommend you review your insurance plan to understand your coverage.
Once you schedule a TM appointment:
- You will receive a link to your appointment, either by text or email. Be sure to check your spam or junk mail.
- Click on the link provided 5 minutes prior to the start of the appointment.
- Be sure to allow any popups (e.g. camera, microphone) that show up on your phone, laptop or tablet.
- Choose a private, well-lit location where you can comfortably hear and speak.
- Have a strong internet connection. Try to use WiFi, since cellular networks will use data.
- If logging on with computer, use Chrome or Firefox.
For questions or technical support, please contact us at (585) 385.6070, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30.
Please click on your provider's link 5 minutes prior to the start of the appointment.