Telemedicine (TM) is a popular, virtual alternative to traditional in-office visits. A live, face-to-face interaction (think FaceTime or Skype) via electronic communication is used to deliver care between a provider and patient.
It provides flexibility for those who have travel challenges/limitations, struggle to fit in doctor visits into their schedule, don't have a sleep specialist in their area, or prefer to use technology.
Who can use telemedicine?
Anyone who'd like a new patient or follow-up visit, has an existing appointment, or needs to "meet" with a respiratory therapist.
In order to use TM, you need:an iPhone/Android, laptop, computer, or iPad with working camera; a reliable internet/phone connection; and a private, well-lit location. TM may not be the right platform for everyone, so we'll ask you a few questions to make sure TM will work for your visit.
What can be done with TM?
A lot! Our providers can:
- diagnose and treat over 80 types of sleep disorders
- write prescriptions for medications, CPAP machines, masks, oral appliances for sleep apnea
- sign job-related and insurance-related documents related to your sleep disorder
- explain your sleep apnea test results to you, review the diagnosis, and recommend treatment
- manage your CPAP machine, analyze data and make any needed changes
Health insurance coverage
TM is covered by most insurances. We will verify your insurance coverage for you prior to scheduling you for a TM appointment. However, we recommend you review your insurance plan to understand your coverage.
Once you schedule a TM appointment:
- You'll receive a link to your appointment, either by text or email. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail.
- Click on the link provided 5 minutes prior to the start of the appointment.
- Be sure to allow any popups (e.g. camera, microphone) that show up on your phone, laptop or tablet.
- Choose a private, well-lit location where you can comfortably hear and speak.
- Have a strong internet connection. Try to use WiFi, since cellular networks will use data.
- If logging on with computer, use Chrome or Firefox.
For questions or technical support, please contact us at (585) 385.6070, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30.
Please click on your provider's link 5 minutes prior to the start of the appointment.